Just got home from the boat, and am realizing that tomorrow morning – ideally early – I’m boarding Mazurka for what may be 4 or 5 weeks. Wow. I’ve been plotting and scheming about this for a while, and it’s actually going to happen.
This means I have a busy evening ahead. Packing clothes, going through some checklists at home, and buying groceries. Need to have a few days of food aboard.
The cruise hasn’t started yet though. Tomorrow is very much going to be a shakedown exercise. While I thing all systems are in good shape, I do have a new motor, and I did have some challenges this spring in getting it fully operational. More on that later. In any case, essentially I’m breaking it in tomorrow doing the 100 mile run down the lake to reach the entrance to the Welland Canal. If tomorrow goes well, I’ll be ready to relax. If it doesn’t I’m sure you’ll hear about it here in due course.
Wind forecast is for west winds 15 kt, so I’m hopeful that it won’t be too rough. Likely the nastiest piece will be the 20 miles approaching Port Colborne but assuming motor is good I’m going to have the hammer down. This is a test/delivery segment. I’ll be happy never to visit Lake Erie by boat ever again.
Wish me luck!