I signed the agreement this morning, and George chauffeured me around in the rain to pick up a few supplies. Once back I got to work. I’ve uninstalled all the electronics on Mazurka, and started disconnecting the generator.
This afternoon once the rain stopped it was on to Escapade. I got the cover off, started uninstalling Scott’s electronics, and checked on a few things. All good. They’ve got bottom paint and all the other supplies I need here, so tomorrow morning I’ll get a new coat of bottom paint on. Will set an alarm, as rain is forecast later in the day.
The name is kind of growing on me, and I don’t have a better one, so it’s staying for now.
In other news, my dinghy has three holes in it. Weird. I was underway for a couple of hours yesterday in Mazurka towing the dinghy, and I noticed one side was flat when I came in. Today I pulled it out and checked. I’m quite certain that debris got caught at the stern by the lowered outboard and made the punctures. Likely driftwood. I could see where it rubbed one side and punctured the other, in the lower section just behind the transom. Lesson learned. I don’t think I’ll try to fix it. That dinghy was pretty scary at any speed. Bottom was almost flat. I’ll have to measure, but I’m pretty sure I can put a light 11′ RIB on the top deck. Crane is all set up. I’d really like to have a working dinghy when I leave, so may call around on a new one. The Highfield 340 looks like a good choice.
I’m excited about Escapade, and glad I found a good home for Mazurka.